Recommended general Motorola Solutions radio, body-worn camera, and accessory cleaning and disinfecting guidelines in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
TECHNOLOGY: Motorola Solutions Radio, Body-Worn Camera and Accessory
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Motorola Solutions is providing recommended cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for our radios, body-worn cameras, and accessories based on our current and best understanding of radio hygiene. Per global health authorities, removing germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces lowers the risk of spreading infection. Using chemical disinfectants may kill germs that remain on surfaces after cleaning, which further lowers the risk of spreading infection. Information from the WHO website: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 Information from the US CDC website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Apply 0.5% detergent-water solution with a cloth, then use a stiff, non-metallic, short-bristled brush to work all loose dirt away from the device. Use a soft, absorbent, lintless cloth or tissue to remove the solution and dry the device.
- Make sure that no solution remains entrapped near any connectors, cracks or crevices.
- Devices may be disinfected by wiping them down with over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with at least 70% alcohol concentration.
- When cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, the alcohol should never be applied directly to the device. It should be applied to a cloth, which is then used to wipe down the device.
- The effects of certain chemicals and their vapors can have detrimental effects on plastics and the metal plating.
Do not use bleach, solvents or cleaning sprays to cleanse or disinfect your device.
Motorola Solutions, Inc. is unable to, and did not, determine whether any particular cleaning product is effective in removing specific foreign substances (including viruses) from the device, nor whether any disinfectant will remove all germs or viruses. However, the above cleaners, disinfectants, and processes have been approved for use by Motorola Solutions, Inc. related to their less degrading effect on the physical device. Please consult the chemical manufacturers’ documentation for specifics on cleaning product efficacy with regards to foreign substances (such as viruses).
For assistance with this bulletin please contact your MSI Technical Support Center:
ANY USE NOT APPROVED BY MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS IS PROHIBITED. This Motorola Technical Notification (MTN) is issued pursuant to Motorola’s ongoing review of the quality, effectiveness, and performance of its products. The information provided in this bulletin is intended for use by trained, professional technicians only, who have the expertise to perform the service described in the MTN. Motorola disclaims any and all liability for product quality or performance if the recommendations in this MTN are not implemented, or not implemented in compliance with the instructions provided here. Implementation of these recommendations may be necessary for the product to remain compliant with applicable laws or regulations. Please be advised, that failure to implement these recommendations in the manner instructed may also invalidate applicable warranties, or otherwise impact any potential contractual rights or obligations.